Trish in London

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Today I bought an umbrella...

I did so because it doesn;t stop raining here until after I;ve done my sightseeing.

I am currently posting this from, of all things, an internet phone booth. It;s like a video phone with a keyboard and everything. It;s a couple of blocks from my hotel and I;m standing after a long day of stair climbing.

The Tower of London was on the agenda today. If any of you are planning mountain climbing, I would suggest spending the day there instead. It;s a totally cool place. They have real yeoman (beefeater guys) and everything. I saw the famous chopping block where many a famous wife of Henry VIII lost her head and the chapel in which they were buried. I also saw some very pretty sparkly crown jewels. Honey, remember, I like diamonds A LOT!!!! I saw diamonds that were almost the size of a fist (or at least fair replicas of diamonds the size of a fist).

The Tower was pretty much my full day, especially cause it took 3 hours and it is Sunday. Afterwards I went to Picadilly Circus(I seem to be there a lot, but it;s kind of the heart of the theatre district). I popped into the Virgin megastore and had a celebrity sighting! No, not Brangelina or Madonna or Gwenyth. It was Liza Minelli;s ex, David Gest! You know, the gay guy who looks like he;s made out of plastic? Well, he;s less plasticy looking in real life, but definitley trying to regain some lost youth and failing, if you know what I mean.

That;s really all for today. Tomorrow, I;m going to find Dr. Who toys (the people who want them know who they are. I love you honey!) and try to get into The Producers. I made it to Blood Brothers last night with no trouble and no ticket line. Cryed this time too. One of the performers I saw last time is still in it!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home